function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sparkysparky 

Refresh folder in Eclipse IDE fails

In the last few releases of the eclipse IDE, I find that attempting to refresh a folder (for example Objects) - done by right-clicking the folder and then choosing "Refresh from Server" - often fails to actually refresh the files in that folder.  The process appears to complete as normal, and I get no errors.  But even when  I have made changes in the browser and I know they should be pulled down, it fails to pull them down and the files remain as-is.

If I select the particular file, or multiple files, and do Refresh from Server, then it works.  But it fails at the folder level.

This is a pretty major problem w/ keeping our work straight, as you might expect.  Anyone else seeing this problem or have a way to fix it?  I just upgraded to the newest version of the IDE today, but was having the same problem w/ the previous version.

Thanks!

Saravanan @CreationSaravanan @Creation

Hi,

yes its correct. follow this steps this may help you.

1.select the folder -->right click-->force.com-->Add/remove metadata component

then  you will get the page to remove and add the component in right hand side top you have the refresh button.

2.click the button after the process completed click ok  and click apply.

3. some time it will ask for update project folder and some time it will not ask.

but any how project folder is updated.

sparkysparky

Hallo Saravanan,

Thanks for your reply.  But I have already done this.  The folder is already listed in my project file, and so should be updating on Refresh.  But it isn't.  This is a new problem w/ recent versions of the IDE for me.   I think it started w/ Winter 12.

M.