function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFDC_EvolveSFDC_Evolve 

Email Alert !! (Urgent)

Suppose there are two objects.. A  and   B..... Object B have a lookup of the Object the A..... 

I  have requirement in which .. If a certain records of B match a condtion .  then I need to send a E-mail to the  Owner of the 

related records of the Object A.

I tried to write a wokflow but i could not find the fields of the Object A ...... Please suggest . how can i Complete the requirement 

Thanks in advance . . 

SFDC_Evolve

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

when will this email should trigger....when ever each record of b meets your requirement na?

SFDC_EvolveSFDC_Evolve

Yes.. Suppose there is record in the Object B.. Meets a criteria . . then I need to send a mail to the owner of the Record of OBject A . related ot the Object B as Look Up.

Please help ..:)

SFDC_EvolveSFDC_Evolve

Please help on this . :)

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

i dont think so that u can do this using workflow.. u need to write a trigger ...y because u may of n of A records for one B object record..so u cant bring all the A obejct records owners in one block and assign in workflow to send an email.. so go for a trigger ...hope you got my point?

SFDC_EvolveSFDC_Evolve

Thanks for the help .... . but  the problem is . . .  

Records of Object A :-   ( Name = 'A',....................)

Records of Object b :- (Name = 'B',  LookuptoA = 'A.id' );

Records Meets Certain condtion . .. Need to send the mail to owner of the A........................

Only One A record connected to the B record

this is the issue . :)

kiranmutturukiranmutturu

ya in this scenario also  u wont get the A record owner email in to B anyways.. generally in workflow u wont get the reference fields to select...only option go with trigger