function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anil DuttAnil Dutt 

Component For Trigger

Hi All,

I have two triggers for two different Objects

trigger AirlineConfAirlineUrlTrigger on Airline_Conf__c (before insert, before update) {
  for(Airline_Conf__c ac : Trigger.New)
    {
      ac.Airlines_Url__c = '';
        if(ac.Airline__c =='Virgin Australia')
        {
            ac.Airlines_Url__c = '<a href="http://www.virginaustralia.com/Personal/Bookings/Managebookings/index.htm">Virgin Australia</a>';
        }
    }
}

trigger ETicketAirlineUrlTrigger on E_Ticket__c (before insert, before update) {
    for(E_Ticket__c etNew : Trigger.New)
    {
      etNew.Airlines_Url__c = '';
        if(etNew.Airline__c =='Virgin Australia')
        {
            etNew.Airlines_Url__c = '<a href="http://www.virginaustralia.com/Personal/Bookings/Managebookings/index.htm">Virgin  Australia</a>';
        }
    }
}

both above triggers does same thing but on different Objects.

I need above trigger to use a component (if possible) or someting , so for any future changes , i only have to change it in one place and so it will refelect in both triggers

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You can create a custom object inside the custom setting and create a field which will store this URL value. Now you can make the SOQL inside the trigger to get this value. So once you get this value you will be able to use as per your requirement. One advantage the SOQL limit is not count in governor limit if this is on Custom Setting Object.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

All Answers

Hi,

You can create a custom object inside the custom setting and create a field which will store this URL value. Now you can make the SOQL inside the trigger to get this value. So once you get this value you will be able to use as per your requirement. One advantage the SOQL limit is not count in governor limit if this is on Custom Setting Object.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

This was selected as the best answer
Anil DuttAnil Dutt

Hello Ankit,

Thanks for your reply

I tried adding Custom Object but there is no option to Add a Picklist

I think a picklist will be helpful in my case where i need a value against a check like this

if(etNew.Airline__c =='Virgin Australia')
        {
            etNew.Airlines_Url__c = '<a href="http://www.virginaustralia.com/Personal/Bookings/Managebookings/index.htm">Virgin  Australia</a>';
        }

So if Picklist text ='Virgin Australia' then i will return URL

so i need to check first Name and the take its value

hope you got my point

is there any way do to above?

thanks

Anil DuttAnil Dutt

Ankit , you are great , just see using Manage i can add multiple values with name

Thanks

Hi,

Well in this you have to create the custom object. Custom setting object will not help you to meet the requirement. So instead create a Custom Object with desired fields.

Anil DuttAnil Dutt

Now will you please provide SOQL to get data from New Custom object and compare it in trigger

That will be so nice of you

Anil DuttAnil Dutt

Ankit,

Please check this

http://blog.jeffdouglas.com/2010/01/07/using-list-custom-settings-in-salesforce-com/

this is what i need....

just want to know how can i use where clause in SOQL something like

AirlineUrl__c[] acc = AirlineUrl__c.getAll().values().where('Name= Scandanavian Airlines');

where AirlineUrl__c i newly created Custom Object

Also can i use Custom Setting Object in Trigger of some custom object?

Like this

trigger AirlineConfAirlineUrlTrigger on Airline_Conf__c (before insert, before update) {

for(Airline_Conf__c ac : Trigger.New)
    {
        ac.Airlines_Url__c = '';
         Airline__c au = Airline__c.getInstance(ac.Airline__c);

ac.Airlines_Url__c = au.url;
   }
}

I m getting following error when trying above

AirlineConfAirlineUrlTrigger  Not of type Custom Settings

Thanks

jhansisridhar_2011jhansisridhar_2011

Hi Anil,

error says the u need to create Custom Setting for the " AirlineConfAirlineUrlTrigger "

To create Custom Setting please follow below steps:

Your Name| Setup | Develop|  Custom Settings --- >

Need to create custom setting for required object.

Hope this helps U.Mark as solution if this helps U.

Anil DuttAnil Dutt

Ankit,

your suggestion works

i was doing something wrong

Thanks for all help