function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BussBuss 

Is Sales force support Ghost variable

Hi All,

i want to know is sales force support's ghost variable?

Rds,

Buss

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

So you have both a getter method and a public variable. In that case, you cannot refer to both of them. It appears that the current engine will bind to a variable with a getter before a getter method is found, but this isn't guaranteed in the future. Instead, you should use distinct names so as to avoid confusion. This would be a poor practice anyways, as it would cause confusion to anyone reading the source code.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Could you please define "ghost variable"? If you mean, something like this: http://www-sop.inria.fr/everest/personnel/Mariela.Pavlova/ghost.pdf, then, no, there's no such support (nor is it necessary). You can use assert functions to verify your logic programmatically, though. If I'm completely up the wrong tree, please let me know so I can help you further.

BussBuss

Yes friend. i want to know in Salesforce can i use same variable name to decalre two different data types declarations in apex?

Thanks for reply.

Reds,

Buss

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

You can declare a variable only once in each scope. It is possible, therefore, to define a variable x in at most three places simultaneously within a class:

A static variable named x, accessed by "classname.x".

A class variable named x, accessed by "this.x".

A function variable named x, accessed by "x".

You can not "shadow" a variable within the same function or same class.

BussBuss

Hi,

i declared two variables as below

public Integer pagBlk{set;}
public Boolean getpagBlk(){
return oppty!=null;
}

here two variables as instance varaibles.

then, how would i refer both variable in VF page, becuase if i refer first variable where for second variable also same variable it refering.

Reds,

Buss

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

So you have both a getter method and a public variable. In that case, you cannot refer to both of them. It appears that the current engine will bind to a variable with a getter before a getter method is found, but this isn't guaranteed in the future. Instead, you should use distinct names so as to avoid confusion. This would be a poor practice anyways, as it would cause confusion to anyone reading the source code.

This was selected as the best answer