function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vsreddyvsreddy 

Why we cannot add time-dependent workflow actions for Every time a record is created or edited ?

Why we can add time-dependent workflow actions for

1) When a record is created, or when a record is edited and did not previously meet the rule criteria

2) Only when a record is created

but Why we cannot add time-dependent workflow actions for Every time a record is created or edited ?

please give me explanation

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You'd need to talk to Salesforce to find out why this is - there's nothing documented as far as I'm aware.  My assumption is that it would create too much churn on the timed workflow scheduler and adversely affect performance, but that's just my opinion and so could be completely wrong!

Chandu sekharChandu sekhar
Because ,Suppose you selected that option and you are editing the existing record means that this workflow should fire. Again if you edit the same record with field other than the previous one, again time dependent workflow will be fired unnecessarily.
Mukesh Kumar 107Mukesh Kumar 107
I think the logical answer lies within option-3 "...meet the rule criteria...". If you do not have any rule condition while a record is updated, then, every  time a record is updated it would create a time-dependent entry. That would be too much process. Anyway, if you still want action to not dependent on any rule you could make the rule criteria to be always true.
Anil Kumar GandlaAnil Kumar Gandla
This is because everytime the record is updated, the TDA gets into the Workflow Queue and again the same record is edited one more TDA gets into the Workflow Queue which makes the Queue full and hence performance issues with respect ot he other TDAs in Queue.
And if we just add a rule criteria to this, then the TDA is not recurred that easily. Hope you got my point.