function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger 

Package install fails - The first validation error encountered was "{0}".

When trying to install an update for a managed package that I created into a clients Org the install failed with the message:

The first validation error encountered was "{0}"

Problem - Validation Errors While Saving Record(s)

Detail - There were custom validation error(s) encountered while saving the affected record(s). The first validation error encountered was "{0}".

How can I determine what caused this validation error and subsequent install failure? The detail message doesn't provide many clues.

The changes between this newest version and the previous one where mostly around the addition of new Validation Rules on Opportunity. The "{0}" in the details looks like the part where I should see some useful information, but the substitution hasn't occured.

I have raised this as a support case, but there is a 2 day wait before I get past the first level of support.

HariDineshHariDinesh

Hi,

This seems because of any validation rules in your target org (where you are installing).

Please check any validation rule that exist outside package in that target. If exists then deactivate the validation rule and try to install the package.

Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger

At this stage I believe the Formulas: Number of Unique Relationships Per Object limit is the cause. I'm currently contacting Support to see if the limit can be increased.