function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kingkhangkingkhang 

Apex Managed Sharing - Querying a Group (Role)

Hello all,

I have been trying to query the Group table to get roles with the name "Hiring Manager"

List<Group> groups = [SELECT Name, Id FROM Group where Name = 'Hiring Manager'];
        hiringManagerShare.UserOrGroupId = groups[0].Id;

Can't seem to get any rows out of this. I double checked on the role's label, it is the same as above. If i remove the Where clause, everything works..

Please help!

kingkhangkingkhang

Hi all,

I would appreciate any help on this. This is really weird because I was able to get the results if I leave out the Name clause!

Gunners_23Gunners_23

I dont see any problem with the code i got the result for that by querying the same way

kingkhangkingkhang

Thanks for the reply. I tried printing out by using system.debug and whenever I use .Name to print it, it seems to be null, what did I do wrongly? I double checked my role and the label name is correct..

Gunners_23Gunners_23

I created a public group with label 'Hiring Manager' and i wrote the below query in "Developer Console" and that particular

row was fetched perfectly

List<Group> groups = [SELECT Name, Id FROM Group where Name = 'Hiring Manager'];
System.debug(groups.get(0).Name);

Gunners_23Gunners_23

Sory i got your point now, if its based on role go for Developer Name field instead of Name field

List<Group> groups = [SELECT Name, Id,DeveloperName FROM Group where DeveloperName = 'HiringManagerA'];
System.debug(groups.get(0).DeveloperName );

Please mark solved if it solves your issue, so that everyone can leverage this

Cheers,

kingkhangkingkhang

Hello,

Many thanks but this does not give me any records back either...

Gunners_23Gunners_23

Still you didn't get any records from the above query? I've made some changes in query