function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
yarramyarram 

Picklist values Displaying in Diferent users(Login time) with difrent Value. Urgent.

Hi,

Ihave created one Product Custom Object with some fields(one of the field is Country Pick list).I have one picklist and values of the picklist like  Country--> US,Canada,China. and

I have Three Users Like US User,Canada User and China User.

Login with US User-->Click on Product Object tab-->Click on New Button-->Product Page Layout Displayed all fileds and Country Picklist also Three values(US, Canada and China).

My question is How to Restrict the Canada and China values in the US User(Login Time) Country Picklist?

I want to display only "US"  Value in Country Picklist(US User Login time).

How can i achive this one .

Please give me Suggestions.

Thanks.
Yarram.

Jerun JoseJerun Jose

You can do this using Profiles and Record Types.

First, assign different profiles for your US, Canada and China users.

Then create 3 record types on the product object for US, Canada and China products.

When creating the record types itself, you can select which picklist values should be available for each record type.

yarramyarram

Hi,

Its working fine, But i did one mistake for creation of Recort type.

Mistake is While creating the Record Type -->First time All profiles Check Boxes are Checked -->I am directly click on the Sve button. That Record Type was applied to Defalut to all Profiles.

When I am trying to deactivate that Record Type it shows error message like This record type Country Record Type cannot be deactivated because the following profiles use this record type as default.

How can i deactivate this Record type.

Is there any Possibility.

Please help me this one.

Thanks,

Rakesh.

Jerun JoseJerun Jose
You cannot deactivate if a record type has been assigned as the default. But you can always override the default when you create new record type.

If you really want to remove the default record type, you will need to disassociate that record type from each of the profiles. Unfortunately, I know only the manual way of doing this; navigate to each profile one by one and edit the record type assignment to remove the custom record type and assign the --Master-- record type.