function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mani PenumarthiMani Penumarthi 

salary depends on day

hi guys,

i need to calculate the salary for every month. for that purpose i can use standard functions. but

for a month there will be 31 days also and 4 sundays and 4 saturdays. how to calculate these things in salesforce?

and if there are any holidays it wont include the hours in total calucalted hours

any one please help me or provide some code to understand.

im confused for to do this..

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

Try the below formula for reference. It will give you the total number of days excluding Saturday and Sunday. Now use this for calculation of Salary.

CASE(

MOD(DATEVALUE(CreatedDate) - DATE(1900, 1, 7), 7),

0, (TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate)) - 1 - FLOOR((TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))/7)*2,

1, (TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate)) - FLOOR((TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))/7)*2,

2, (TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate)) - FLOOR((TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))/7)*2,

3, (TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate)) - FLOOR((TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))/7)*2,

4, (TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate)) - FLOOR((TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))/7)*2,

5, (TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate)) - 2 - FLOOR((TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))/7)*2,

6, (TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate)) - 2 - FLOOR((TODAY() - DATEVALUE(CreatedDate))/7)*2,

null)

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.