function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hollingdhollingd 

Chatter API and Apex

Hi,

Firstly I will apologies for my lack of knowledge in this field I'm just starting out with APIs and Apex.  I have recently been asked to see if I can get the Chatter influence score currrently shown as a bar in the users profile for all users.

After a little digging it appears this information is available using the Chatter REST API only.  However I'm looking to do this in Apex and Visualforce but I'm not getting very far.

I've researched a number of board entries and blog posts around the subject 'using REST API in Apex' and I believe I have some working code but not necessarily the desired end result.  I was hoping to create a visualforce page that auto ran an apex class that pulled in all user's chatter influence score and title.

If this is possible I could really do with some guidance of how to create this.  As I said I have written an Apex Class to see if I could first acutally access the REST API but not entirely sure how to create the VF page to run the apex class I've created.

Thanks in advance

stunaitestunaite

The easiest way to access API functions not available through Apex is using the Ajax Toolkit.

This is the documentation:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/ajax/apex_ajax.pdf

Hope that helps

Joao

PS: Please mark as solution if it fix your problem.