function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sudhakar ReddySudhakar Reddy 

Regarding no of users

Hi,

Let us assume that I subscribed to free edition trial version and I got username and password for me.

Again, I read that free trial version allows 100 users.What does it mean 100 users?you mean with single username(my username) and password(mypassword) ,100 users can be able to login? or do we need to create 100 usernames and passwords for 100 people?

Please clarify me as different editions will allow different number of people.

Regards

Sudhakar 

Jia HuJia Hu
Then you can have 100 different username in your org.
The password can be all same, the email can be all same.
But the username should be different with each other.
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The trial edition is different to the free edition.  Free is no longer available, but gave 100 "Free Force.com" licenses, allowing up to 100 users forever.  Trial will be limited to a number of days, so once those days are up none of your users will be able to login unless you pay for those licenses.

ForceMantis (Amit Jain)ForceMantis (Amit Jain)

Hi Sudhkar

I partially agree with Bob, Force.com Free Editions are still available but salesforce now doesn't give 100 Force.com Free licenses, instead they give 100 Authenticated Website user licenses.

I signed up one today, let me know if you need signup page link.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

This is still a trial though, isn't it - the licenses are free for 30 days but then you have to start paying?  The old free force was completely free forever.

ForceMantis (Amit Jain)ForceMantis (Amit Jain)

I agree that old Force.com Free license was free forever as I am using it for more than 2 year. But in this new changed license also they don't say you have to pay, they also don't say it's a trial.

Looks like they are offereing same under different license, so you have to provide access via public authenticated website instead of standard salesforce interface.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Can you post the link to that signup?