function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
deepakMdeepakM 

Unable to show a visual force apge in custom object.

hi 

i have Visualforce page embaded in page layout realted to custom object. but it not display there. then i override the edit button with that vf page it work fine.

but when i put it in the pagelayout it not work. i also checked the permission under profile to confirm the permission access of the vf page and the system admin have the permission there. 

so i dont knw wht i cn't access the vf in the page layout.

thanks

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Are you able to specify that the VF page is part of the page layout?  When you say it doesn't display, is it blank, throws an error?

deepakMdeepakM

hi bob ..

yes i drag and drop the vf  in page layout

no errors come and no blank space thr.

deepakMdeepakM

also when i override the new or edit button with the vf page thn it works fine.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

When you set up the page layout, try previewing it as the profile in question to see what is shown there.  Failing that, can you post your code?

deepakMdeepakM

when i try to perview it in page layout by click in the preview as on the top of the page layout i see the section where i embadded the vf page wiith grey background thr.

below is my code of the vf page

<apex:page standardcontroller="Payment_Info__c">

<apex:form >
<apex:pageBlock title="Payment Info">
<apex:pageBlockSection title="Information">
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Payment_Type__c}" label="Payment Type"/><br/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Amount__c}" label="Amount"/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Payment_Notes__c}" label="Payment Notes"/>
</apex:pageBlockSection>
<apex:pageBlockSection title="Ticketing">
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Credit_Card_Merchant__c}" label="Credit Card
Merchant"/><br/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Charge_Date__c}" label="Charge Date"/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Use_for_Taxes_IF__c}" label="Use for Taxes/Internal Flights"/>
<apex:pageBlockSection title="Credit Card Info">
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Name_on_Card__c}" label="Name on Card"/><br/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Credit_Card__c}" label="Credit Card #"/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Exp_Month__c}" label="Expiration Date"/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.CVV__c}" label="CVV"/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Billing_Street_1__c}" label="Billing Street 1"/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Billing_Street_2__c}" label="Billing Street 2"/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Billing_City__c}" label="Billing City"/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Billing_State__c}" label="Billing State"/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Billing_Postal__c}" label="Billing Postal Code"/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Billing_Country__c}" label="Billing Country"/>
<apex:outputField value="{!Payment_Info__c.Phone_Number__c}" label="Phone Number"/>
</apex:pageBlock>
</apex:form>
</apex:page>

Thanks

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Hmm.  As long as you have access to the Payment_Info__c custom object and the visualforce page I can't see why that wouldn't work.  The fact that you don't see any blank space either seems very odd - even if there were problems with the components I'd expect a blank frame of the default size.  Do you have any javascript errors or similar when accessing the page?

deepakMdeepakM

No i am not getting any type of error

deepakMdeepakM

just for testing i just created one vf page for other custom object and dragdrop the vf page in page layout again i didnt get the page in page layout,but get only in override button.

thanks

deepakMdeepakM

hi bob

i just got one thing that when i drag drop the vf page in opportunity page layout it works, but when i try to do it in opportunity custom object then i can't access the vf page in page layout in custom object. so may be there will be some permission issue's .

if you gt any thing regarding this please help me.

thanks

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You won't be able to use the same page in a custom object, as the page has to use the standard controller for the object in question.

deepakMdeepakM

yes i know that. for opportunity i used the opportunity standard object and used it in opportunity page  layout and for custom obj i used custom obj as a standard controler in custom page layout.

but i said i access the vf page(having opp as a standard controller) in opportunity and not access the vf paget (having custom standard controller )  in custom object

thanks

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

If you view the source of the custom object page, do you see an iframe where the visualforce page is included?

deepakMdeepakM

yh i checked earlier but no iframe is rendrd thr.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

Does that mean you have an iframe in the source or not?  If you do, what does the markup look like?

deepakMdeepakM

no 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

So that implies that the page layout wasn't saved with the reference to the visualforce page.  

deepakMdeepakM

that not a case i drag one section below the vf page in page layout and drag some objects thr and save it,it display the section in custom object page not vf page again.

deepakMdeepakM

when i click on the "preview as" button thn vf page display thr.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

I've never seen that behaviour.  You aren't trying to see this on the edit page are you?

deepakMdeepakM

yes

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

And suddenly everything is clear - you can't display embedded VF pages in the edit layout.  You'll need to write a custom VF edit page.

deepakMdeepakM

thanks bob for guiding me.

Now i will go in right direction.

deepakMdeepakM

But bob i forgt one thing that in opportunity layout i display the embedded  vf thr.

Also for testing i embedded  vf page in custom object in new pagelayout..even though it not display