function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JBabuJBabu 

How to give read permissions to custom object for "Marketing User" profile

Hi,

Please let me know how would I give read/edit permissions to a custom object for standard "Marketing User" profile. Under profiles the read, edit, delete.. boxes are uneditable to give access.

But I see that some of other custom objects have read,edit,delete permissions checked on same "Marketing User" profile, not sure how they were checked.

Can some one please help me on this?

Thanks,

Babu.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
colemabcolemab

Babu,

If this is an older organization, it is possible that these permissions where set prior to the changes made in spring 10.  Here is a link with some details.

If this is the case, then you have no choice but to use a custom profile to grant access to your custom objects.

Thanks

All Answers

colemabcolemab

Babu,

Are your other custom objects (the ones that are checked) in a Master:Detail relationship with a CRM object (i.e.Accounts, Opporutnities, etc)?  If so, are they inheriting the Organization Wide Default sharing setting and is that why this box is getting checked?  Or is it possible that these settings are inherited from the "Standard User" profile?

EDIT: In my org none of these options are selected or can be selected in any standard profile.

Why not clone the marketing user to a new custom profile and then check the boxes in question?

JBabuJBabu

Hi Colemab,

I already have lot of users using that profile. So thought of not cloning as we need to change a lot.

These custom objects which already present as checked are not in Master:Detail relationship with any CRM objects.

Do you think there could be any other reason for these objects to be checked?

Thanks,

Babu.

colemabcolemab

Babu,

If this is an older organization, it is possible that these permissions where set prior to the changes made in spring 10.  Here is a link with some details.

If this is the case, then you have no choice but to use a custom profile to grant access to your custom objects.

Thanks

This was selected as the best answer
JBabuJBabu

Thank you colemab.