function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
vgorgolvgorgol 

is Live Chat Transcript queryable?

I am trying to write a simple query to acces the Live Chat Transcript table.

I know the api name is LiveChatTranscript, but when I execute the following simple query:

SELECT * FROM LiveChatTranscript LIMIT 100

I get the following error:

'INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'LiveChatTranscript' is not supported.

Is there something I have to do to make it queryable?  I have also noticed I cannot access it in the Apex Data Loader, which seems odd as well.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
AravindBabu512AravindBabu512

Hi,

Please check this link . This link says that Live Chat is accessible only on editions created after June 14, 2012. So, this could be the reason why it does not show up anywhere.

Thanks,

Aravind.

All Answers

Hi,

Live Chat Transcript object is available in API version 24.0 and the higher versions, so please check the API version. This may be the reason for your error.

Thanks,

Aravind

vgorgolvgorgol

But then why am I not able to see it in Apex Data Loader or Force.com Explorer? The table does not appear in either app. None of the Live Agent tables appear in either app.

Hi,

Please check this link . This link says that Live Chat is accessible only on editions created after June 14, 2012. So, this could be the reason why it does not show up anywhere.

Thanks,

Aravind.

This was selected as the best answer
Nickolas ZenkovNickolas Zenkov
Is there any way currently to create/read LiveChatTranscripts? I'm not able to reach the link shared in the best answer.
Rich FiekowskyRich Fiekowsky
I find them in the list of Objects in App Launcher. But, sometimes it does not appear there! I don't know exactly when it does/doesn't appear. I think they are present after I launch our Service Cloud's customized Console app.