function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
bprakashbprakash 

Number of assets on account

Hi 

Iam trying to find number of assets on account with some coditions

i had used aggregate funtion,its not giving the correct results.Please i need help on this,waiting for the reply

AggregateResult[] groupedResults1 =([SELECT AccountId,COUNT(ID)ct FROM Asset where accountid in:contId AND Status != 'Returned' AND Type__c !='Converted'  group by AccountID,Status,Type__c]);
ColinMcGColinMcG

Hi, I don't believe you can mix count() with other fields. You either do a count, or you do a normal select. Therefore your SOQL should be along the lines of:

SELECT COUNT() FROM Asset where [etc]

ColinMcGColinMcG

Sorry, just checked some of my own code for the correct setup of this - it should be along these lines:

integer cnt=Database.countQuery('SELECT count() from <etc>'); 

bprakashbprakash

actually i was using in batch 

ForceMantis (Amit Jain)ForceMantis (Amit Jain)

Hi BPrakash

Syntactically your query is correct, to help further on this I would like to know what result you are expecting and what it is returning?

bprakashbprakash

i want only the assets which the type!= 'Returned and status!= converted

but iam getting three results and i want only the count with the assets which met above condition.

Please help me that will great

ForceMantis (Amit Jain)ForceMantis (Amit Jain)

BPrakash

You have a filter on Account also in your query which you are passing a list/set of Account/Id. If this list/set has more than one account and assets related to those accouts fullfil your other two conditions certainly it will return more than one result in AggregateResults.

Put you result in System.Debug and see which AccountIds you get in result and check if assets related to those fulfill your conditions.