function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ryepesryepes 

Parent Child cases

Is there any way i can create a related list on the account, that will show all the children cases on an account?

crop1645crop1645

I'm a bit puzzled by this, the related list for Account > Cases is part of out-of-the-box SFDC. You should be able to see it on the page layout for the Account : Customize | Account | Page Layouts

ryepesryepes
I can see the cases that are related to the account, but if the account is a parent and has multiple children accts I want those cases to roll up to the parent acct. view Sent from my iPad
crop1645crop1645

ah, sorry. Well, I can think of one solution:

1. Change your Account page to be a VF page associated to a standardControllerExtension

2. On this VF page, add in a custom related list that gets its data from a controller public getter property

3. The VF Controller getProperty - say - List<Case> getAllCases() {..} - does a select on the account's Cases as well as recurses through all children Accounts and their cases. Result is a consolidated single List<Cases>.  This same getter could sort the resulting list on some date field or other relevant field