function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LuciferLucifer 

WorkFlow scenario

Hi all,

I have a workflow which creates two tasks when ever a record is created. To create a record I have 4 fields.

1)Year

2)Status

3)Project Manager

4)DIrector.

Now my question is when ever I create a record, My tasks which would be created should be assigned to the project manager dynamically. 

So we are looking at some 100 records where say may be 10 diffrent project managers are owning each 10 records.

So example 

If the project manager field is filled with the name Thomas then the work flow should trigger creating two tasks assigning them to thomas.

Similarly for Robin, kayla etc.

So I would insert 100 records with a dataloader and all records should be created with two tasks each assigned to respective PM .

If the task is always assigned to a single person, I'm able to do that but dynamically changing is what im faceing trouble.

Could some one help me in this. Can it be performed using wokflows or it needs to be coded?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
steve456steve456

Write an after insert , after update trigger which would create a task based on the record created

All Answers

steve456steve456

Write an after insert , after update trigger which would create a task based on the record created

This was selected as the best answer
LuciferLucifer

Thanks Steve. So you say there is no standard workflow functionality to acheive this right? It has to be coded to acheive this feature??

Amal DominicAmal Dominic
I have come across a nice workflow and a document management tool, it is called Ultra Documents. It is very simple and easy to use; you can get setup and start a workflow in minutes. Ultra Documents comes with Document Management, document merging, Workflow process, Custom Forms, Electronic signature & various applications, the nice thing is it has a free version with all features available to you. Give it a try.