function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sfdcfoxsfdcfox 

Force.com Console Managed Package bug

I have a case open with Technical Support, but I thought I'd post something here, too. They're already working on the issue, but I would like to let the community know about this bug.

If you have a managed package developer org, and you open the Force.com Console, click on Repository, select the element type you'd like to create, and click New, your new element (page, component, etc) will not be part of the managed package namespace. This will cause the package upload to fail, and the elements won't work correctly (e.g. a visualforce page will show as "does not exist" despite being present in the system's repository). This bug will also allow you to create duplicate elements, one which is namespaced, and one not.

The current solution to the problem is to clone the element, update all references to the element you're about to delete, then delete the non-namespaced element.

MiddhaMiddha

Good to know, keep us posted. Thank you.

ftahirftahir

Whats the case number?

I believe this is limited to Pages, when I created triggers, classes they did have the namespace. Can you please confirm this is the behavior you are seeing as well?

I logged a bug (for the vf pages) this morning, will let you know when we patch it.