function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Santosh KumbarSantosh Kumbar 

Does anyone know about DST consideration in Salesforce? Need Urgent!!!!

Guys,

Could some one tell me, Is DST correction handled in salesforce internally? As i seen different calculation result when user's time zone in GMT and PST for the month March and Nov. Any pointers would be appreciable.

Regards

san

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

GMT (effectively UTC) does not observe DST. When date/time values are rendered in the UI, DST is automatically applied to the calculations, if the user's TZ settings indicate that they observe DST. For example, if you choose GMT-07:00 (America/Denver), you will observe DST, but if you choose GMT-07:00 (America/Phoenix), you will not. Incoming date-time values from the UI are translated from the user's local time zone, with DST applied, if applicable, into GMT. Dates being rendered by apex:outputField or the UI will automatically translate to the correct time, including DST adjustments if their TZ demands it. Queries will generally return GMT/UTC times, but they can be converted using the applicable DateTime functions if your code needs to know what time the user would see it as.

Santosh KumbarSantosh Kumbar

sfdcfox, Thanks for information.

Any salesforce document around this?

Regards

san

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Not directly that I can tell, but see Help & Training KB article 000170892 . It discusses why formula calculations may be off by an hour (e.g. if you calculate the difference in hours between a DST affected time and a non-DST affected time).