function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Globe Salesforce AdminGlobe Salesforce Admin 

Milestones PM Error

Hi,

I just installed version 1.61 of Milestones PM. I created a new project with milestones & tasks. Whenever I try to change the deadline of a milestone, I get the following error:

Does anyone know how I could fix this?

Thanks!

Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0A6000000DN97PEAT; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0A6000000DN97yEAD; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0A6000000DN98DEAT; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id a0A6000000DN98IEAT; first error: FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION, Milestone Kickoff must not be earlier than its Predecessor's Deadline.: [Kickoff__c] Class.Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger_Utility.checkSuccessorDependencies: line 103, column 1 Trigger.Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger: line 24, column 1: [] Class.Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger_Utility.checkSuccessorDependencies: line 103, column 1 Trigger.Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger: line 24, column 1: [] Class.Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger_Utility.checkSuccessorDependencies: line 103, column 1 Trigger.Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger: line 24, column 1: []: Class.Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger_Utility.checkSuccessorDependencies: line 103, column 1

SFFSFF

Admittedly it's a crappy user interface, but the meat of the error is this:

Milestone Kickoff must not be earlier than its Predecessor's Deadline

It's a validation error.

Hi, 

I know about the validation rule, but i think this is something else. I attempted to move a milestone deadline--with no successor milestones and i still got this error:

Error: Invalid Data. 
Review all error messages below to correct your data.
Apex trigger Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger caused an unexpected exception, contact your administrator: Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger: execution of AfterUpdate caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object: Class.Milestone1_Milestone_Trigger_Utility.checkSuccessorDependencies: line 96, column 1

NyarlathotepNyarlathotep

I have experienced this error as well.  I have found that if I have a project with nothing but milestones (no tasks), that the update works.  Once I add the tasks, I get that error as well.  Further research of that error indicates that somehow the Chatter code impacts it:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9168994/soql-querying-for-a-list-of-users-the-current-user-is-following

Unfortunately, I am not the administrator of my system, so I cannot test this, but I have placed a request to my administrator, and if there is a positive result, I will certainly post it.

thanks Nyarlathotep