function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
neeruneeru 

How to write a formula

Hi Everyone

Hi have a employee object and submissions object with master detail relationship and i want to calculate no of submissions for each employee for each month how can i acheive this scenario using formula field

Thanks,

Jake

Hengky IlawanHengky Ilawan

Hi Jake,

Simply create a Roll Up Summary in the master object, and select COUNT as the Roll Up type.

Regards,

Hengky

neeruneeru

Thanx for your reply khaiwong

yeah through roll up summary we can acheive this over all submissions(total submissions) but my need is monthly base submissions for particular employee

Thanks,

jake

Ah! I must have been half asleep. Sorry, didn't realize that you need monthly base submissions.

Anyway, how would you 'store' the no of submissions for each month in your master object?

Hengky

neeruneeru

thanx for ur reply khaiwong

actually i am exporting submissions file through dataloader into my submissions object...and i have employee and submissions both are two objects with master detail relationship...first i create rollupsummary field for that it display total no of submissions..and again i am exporting another file for next month into submissions object here i am facing the problem it adds previos submissions of employees also.....my need is monthly base submissions for employe...

how can i achieve this...thnx in advance

Thanks,

jake

Hi Jake,

Do you upload this submissions only once a month?

I can't think of any formula can be used for your case. Might have to use trigger to 'roll up' the no of submission per month, and I think the roll up summary data should be in another object, not in the master object since you need month by month figures.

Or do you consider using standard report to get your monthly submission summary?

Regards,

Hengky

SFFSFF

You can't do it with a formula field. You can either create a matrix report, create a trigger, or run a batch job. The report is by far the easiest.

neeruneeru

Yeah i agree ur answers sff & Khaiwong

but i have 5-10 employees i want their individual submissions per monthly wise...how can i write this logic in trigger...i am very much confused ...

thanks

jake