function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chris.noechris.noe 

Developer IDE problem with saving to server

So I'm working away in the Force.com IDE, saving occassionally to my sandbox org to check for compilation errors.  Everything is working great (saving to server) and then for no reason at all, the IDE stops saving to the server.  It saves locally, but not to the server and no warning or error is returned.  I have checked the API call limits in my sandbox and I am no where near them so I don't know what the issue is.  I have to delete my project and create a new one in Eclipse in order to get it working again.  Very frustrating.  Anyone else having this issue?

Cloud CredenceCloud Credence

Hi,

I had faced this problem multiple times.

On search and experience the following workarounds somewhat helped.

1. Open Eclipse IDE, and Open another instance of IDE and choose different work area.

2. Close all other projects that you are not working on in the IDE.

3. Create a new project with only limited items that you are working on rather than the whole set of items. Sometimes one or two files in the org could cause problem.

4. Re-Install Java & IDE. (Last option).

If the problem still persists, it has something to do with the salesforce org. Try a different project from a different org, it should work fine.

Thanks

Jeff MayJeff May

I've run into that using Force IDE (not the Eclipse plug in). I've been able to fix it by going into the Project properties, under the Force.com settings and re-entering my creds.  Click Apply, and things are good again.