function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PravinPravin 

Standard Approval Process got auto rejected .

Hi,

I am using standard approval process with several steps(each approval process having total 8 steps) based on user country criteria.Those approval process are getting called through trigger .

Like if the record gets updated trigger getting fired and based on criteria crossponding approval process gets called.

First approval is called and after some field update again the next approval is called through trigger,the entire functionality is working like that.

But some time(1 out of 50-60 times) after the field update of the first approval next approval is auto rejected. But if i am again working with the same record i am not able to replicate it again.

i have not added such criteria that if the criteria will not match for approval it should rejected or approved .

Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

ibtesamibtesam

Hi Pravin,

One possible scenario maybe, at one of the approval step you might have give , if condtion satisfies then enter this step else reject (instead of else next step) there is where it is getting auto rejected.

Check whether the same is happening

PravinPravin

Thanks for your reply

but i have checked all steps for the approval process there is no such condition given for any step.

And not only that  this scenario is not getting repeated if i am working with same record after getting rejected with same value without changing any releavant value the approval process getting enable for the releavant user to either approve or reject.

The entire scenario is like that i am submitting the record for approval all relevant user approval required for that record one by one. Some time i am getting the error that for next approval the record getting rejected automatically. this entire functionality is controled using trigger and class.

Thanks

Richard Fiekowsky 3Richard Fiekowsky 3
(For future reference: one hopes the OP moved on to other things some time ago :) ) If the process reaches a point where it wants to go to the next step, but, all the following steps' criteria-for-entering are not-satisfied, so that there is no next step the record can go to, then the process ends with automatic denial. 
Babar pasha 8Babar pasha 8
Did Your Issue got solved? If yes what was the approach ?