function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tommytxtommytx 

Help for those of us Apex Newbies... when totally in over your our head.

As many of you have noted I just ask too darn many questions.  I have been working on the Email2Leads solutions and have been finding code snippets here and there but have realized I just don't know enought to know what to  ask for help on.  Bottom line I need to go back to the drawing board ... learn Apex..

1. Unless anyone has any better idea, I have decided that Java is the basic language to learn to be able to understand Apex as I cannot find any real DUMMY tutorials on APEX.. Looks to me like if you learn basic Java I can apply it to Apex.

2. So maybe this thread can be used to point us Dummies to the best place to learn Java so we can understand APEX.

If you have some thoughts about super Java tutorials that will help learn Java please chime in.

3. I have found something that has helped me a lot and he writes any tutorial you ask for...
 and already has 64 very basic tutorials on Java now at http://www.newthinktank.com/sitemaps/ and they are all super clear high quality videos and they are all free... NO subscription...

4. He asks for inputs to write basic code to build tutorials... I am going to harp on him to begin writing a lot of basic APEX code as he has java... and I will begin by begging him to quickly throw out a tutorial on EMAIL2LEAD... He has a knack for explaining in detail... and with the video I can replay it 10 times till I get it and he quickly answers questions..

5. So please check it out and begin to leave messages requesting tutorials on APEX.. he will whip out 64 of those suckers at 2 or 3 a month for free... this guy is absoulutely amazing.  The more folks who visit and beg for a tutorial on what you are doing, the more he will do... he works for kudos only.... AMAZING..

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

I myself am working on a site to help out with that, too. Soon as I have enough code to have the site run, I'll be adding it to my signature, so stay tuned. But, it's awesome that we have more great tutorials coming out, there's many people that need all the help they can get, and people like us with years of experience would do well to help those with less.

tommytxtommytx

Thanks Fox:

That would be great if you could get started right away even with onesy twoseys... anything would help.  If you could break it down totally so its so simple to understand like the speaker does at the URL I gave above.  And he moves like a bat out of hell, but that is fine since its basic and we can always rewind and watch it 10 times if we have a problem following.  I would rather him go fast so as not to put the ones who already know something to sleep... I doubt this gent know APEX but if you look at what he has done and what he is doing... you just know he will be an absolute expert in 72 hours.. he just lives and breathes what ever he does.