function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
curMindcurMind 

Debug log stops logging

Hi there,

I have an interesting debug situation that I hope you folks had run into and know how to resolve it. I have a rather complex visualforce page and I have several system.debug statements in my controller. So when I first started working on the VF page, all my debug messages showed up - cool! but after about an hour of several iteration of changes, NONE of my debug message is logged. Please note that I have filters applied to only log apex code, I turned everything else off and I never reached the maximum file limit on these log files, it just stopped logging all together. The resolution, a rather painful resolution to this is to log out of the org, close the browser, then come back and start the whole process over.

It seems that I've reached some kind of logging limit that is not visible to me. Do you know what it is and how to reset it so that I don't have to log out and log in just to do development?

Thanks for your help!

-Anne

chris_centrachris_centra

when it's not pushing lines to the log, do you have a way of confirming that the code is actually running?  for example, is it supposed to be creating records or anything like that?  (it sort of sounds like a cache issue?)  or are you saying that the log is being created normally, but your debug statements aren't included?

chris