function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jd123jd123 

Accept as Solution button is Visibility to every one in the Discussion board ???

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
vishal@forcevishal@force

For your own post, it is visible always.

But for questions posted by others, only after you are a "Trusted Contributor" or above,  the button is made visible to you.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Anyone who is logged in can accept as solution or remove the accepted as solution flag.

vishal@forcevishal@force

For your own post, it is visible always.

But for questions posted by others, only after you are a "Trusted Contributor" or above,  the button is made visible to you.

This was selected as the best answer
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

That's good to know. I've been a TC for so long, I don't even remember when I hit that plateau.

jd123jd123

Hi sfdcfox,

Yeah you are a super contributer 

Do you know, After how many post and answers i can come as Super Contributor and Moderator??

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Moderator status is granted by the board owners (salesforce.com). You'll never be a moderator unless you become a salesforce.com employee (or you make friends with someone that could grant you that status and had a good reason to do so). Our moderators are usually internal salesforce.com Developers, from what I've observed. I've been an SC for so long, I don't even remember when I reached THAT plateau... I don't keep track that way. I think SC status is granted around 250 authored solutions, as opposed to a number of threads/responses, but I'm not actually sure; I didn't notice when I moved up to SC, and when I looked at my stats, my thread count wasn't some even number, but my authored solution count was.

I do recall that my Signature used to suggest that users should be accepting solutions to help keep the board clean (e.g. you can see at a glance if a thread is solved), but some other community members pointed out that it seemed that I was guilting members, which wasn't actually my intent, but I felt it was appropriate that I adjust my signature accordingly, because I don't want to be seen as someone that's just looking to collect stats. I like helping people, and I just wanted to make sure that others would help, too. I felt bad about it, so I came up with my completely useless signature whilst I prepare my blog. While I do wish more people would mark solutions so I can skip over threads that don't require any further assistance, I just have to place my faith that people will discover that you can accept solutions and use it meaningfully.

jd123jd123

Thanks for your Explanation.

sounds good sfdcfox. keep on helping developers and i wish you all the best :)