function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VirijaVirija 

Cross filter in Reports

Hi,

I got a compliant from the user that he is unable to use cross filter in the report. I also saw the report and found that he is unable to add cross filter as it is not available for selecting. What might be the reason? Will using joined reports solve the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Jeff MayJeff May

I suspect that the report type the user selected maybe only contains a single object or "A must contain B" objects.  Cross-object filters are only available for report types that have "A may or may not contain B" types of object relationships.

All Answers

Jeff MayJeff May

I suspect that the report type the user selected maybe only contains a single object or "A must contain B" objects.  Cross-object filters are only available for report types that have "A may or may not contain B" types of object relationships.

This was selected as the best answer
VirijaVirija

Sorry Jeff. I changed the option in the rreport type, but thats not working.

Jeff MayJeff May

Does the object you are reporting on have related lists of at least one other object?

VirijaVirija

Yes

Archana BattaArchana Batta
Hi Virija,

I believe you managed to fix this issue already. Still i am curious to know whether adding standard ID field of the parent object to the available fields of the report type has fixed this issue? Or did you had any other solution?

Thanks & Regards,
B Archana