function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
venkateshyadav1243venkateshyadav1243 

Parsing the pdf file into salesforce

Hi

I Want insert one pdf file into salesforce ,what ever the data in the pdf i want store in salesforce  reocrds

Actually my pdf file containg the some records with numbers so i want insert these records in salesforce.

How can i achive these?

can any one help me how can i do that.

Thanks

Venkatesh

EnthEnth
The short answer is you cannot. You need your data in another format, or you'll have to pre-process the PDF outside of SFDC to get the raw data. I wouldn't recommend the effort, it sounds like a flawed requirement.
venkateshyadav1243venkateshyadav1243

Hi Enth

Thanks for your replay..

but you are telling its possible to do like these .

you'll have to pre-process the PDF outside of SFDC to get the raw data

can explain me clearly ,how to pre-process the pdf and store in salesforce

regards

venkatesh.

Oleg MenyukOleg Menyuk
I am thinking parse the pdf data in excel using VBA. you'll have to build a custom macro/code for the parse (extracting keywords from that pdf), then reformat that text data into proper cells and export to cvs or xlsm for it to work in salesforce.  This will allow you to match objects and fields to that data. I;ve been building a lot of macros in excel just for this task, but that process cant be automated. If one thing is wrong, the macro goes nuts and flips into a debug mode. Also, not all PDF data follows the same format of Ctrl, select all, copy and paste. Sometimes that formatting is wrong or has an extra space and it throws out all the tables. Its very time consuming to parse a PDF. A better process of recording and sharing that original data from the start is needed in your org/company. This is something our company is struggling on too. They only like to share PDF, Excel for reports and Outlook for email @ work.