function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
madhu_ramadhu_ra 

Can't get System.Debug messages to write to debug log

Hi All,

I have written a trigger and need to test some code snippets. I got to know that System.Debug() would help me on this. So I add that where I needed and with what I needed to debug. But I can't find the results of this debug. In forums got that they are in "Monitoring > Debug Logs". But there are lot and can't find my reslut is in which Log. Please guide me.

Thanks,

Madhura

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
rodrigoBFrodrigoBF

Hi,

As there's a limit to show a quantity of lines in debug log, you can limit what you'll see on these logs.

Check in the configuration when you select user to see debugs, there's a kind of debug level. These definition is named in the debug log page as Filters. Look these document to read more details about it: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/code_setting_debug_log_levels.htm

Regards,

Rodrigo 

All Answers

rodrigoBFrodrigoBF

Hi,

As there's a limit to show a quantity of lines in debug log, you can limit what you'll see on these logs.

Check in the configuration when you select user to see debugs, there's a kind of debug level. These definition is named in the debug log page as Filters. Look these document to read more details about it: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/code_setting_debug_log_levels.htm

Regards,

Rodrigo 

This was selected as the best answer
kcpluspluskcplusplus

If you are reaching the max size of the debug log, I would add a specific logging level to your debug statement. Like this, 

//code stuff
system.debug(loggingLevel.Info,'debugging stuff here'); 
//back to code stuff

Then if you go into the debug log filters set all of the profiles to none except Apex Code, and set that to info. This will clear out a lot of the stuff you don't need from the log. 

--KC

madhu_ramadhu_ra
Thanks rodrigoBF. This is a good guidance