function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaverickDevMaverickDev 

Patces

Hello,

I've managed released package (passed the security review) which has a visualforce page with some apex code.

Now I want to create patch. in that, I wanted to change the apex code and use an iframe (which calls my external application page) .

Will salesforce allow this change for patch? Also, Can I do the same for javascript code too?

Let me know,

Thanks!

nbknbk

Yes, As per my knowledge the Salesforce allow the change in Patch and it is taking the copy of entire application with latest changes. Can you please verify and confirm so that it will help to everyone.

MaverickDevMaverickDev

They have mentioned that patches are only for fixing bug and other error.

I've created case, I will update you as soon as I get reply from salesforce.

Thanks!

Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma
You can relase always a new version of your managed package. All your existing customer will install your new package and it will automatically upgrade their application.
Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC

Hi,

If you need change existing visualforce page, apex classes, triggers then those things can be allowed in Patches.

If you need to add new things then you need to create new version of your package.

You can go through this

Thanks,
Devendra

MaverickDevMaverickDev

Yes, I want to make changes in existing visualforce page only.

My existing code consist of apex code for Vforce to display data, now I want to remove the records and put an iframe where i can call my external app page.

I hope, SF allows this in patch!

Thanks!

Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC
As you are making changes into existing code, hence this should be allowed in patches.

Hope for the best :)

Thanks,
Devendra