function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SurpriseSurprise 

How to extract data from salesforce

Hi Guys,

Is there any API which I can use to read data from salesforce and then move into another system?

I know I can give wsdl files and then they can use login api to login into salesforce.However,how will they read data and move it to some other system.

Thanks,

ForcepowerForcepower
Depending on how many objects are involved, one option would be an export into csv files and an import through data loader (or better yet, Jitterbit loader)
Ram
Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma
In wsdl file, you will find query, create, update, delete APIs also. So after successful login, you can call query method to get data and create method to insert them in other Salesforce syatem.
RocketRocket

Ram ,

Thanks for your reply.I am aware of the fact that I can use data loader to pulll data from salesforce.However,we do not want to do that.

Techforce,

Can you let me know the name the WSDl file which can be used from outside to login to salesforce and then make calls to salesforce ,query salesforce and then  move data to some other system.

Another question ,if this can be done the way you suggested then why do we have apex rest services  with annotaion in salesforce. I mean why do we write rest based apex class in salesforce to fetch,post or delete data in salesforce.

Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma
Enterprise wsdl