function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Praveen@salesforcePraveen@salesforce 

How to populate my custom object with data?

Hello Board,

I have created a custom object POSITION with SOME FIELDS.

I have some data related to object in a csv file.

Can I import this into my object? how?

Any help is appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ForcepowerForcepower
You need to add the security token to the end of the password. You should have received the token via email. If not, you can go into My Personal Information | Reset My Security Token and get a new token. Make sure you save it. Enter this token after your password in the password area for Data Loader.
Ram

All Answers

ForcepowerForcepower
Praveen,

Download the data loader from under Admin Setup | Data Management | Data Loader. Open it up - it's a Windows application. Logon with your user/pass and sec token. Then set up an Insert using your CSV. Select the object to map to and the fields to map to and run it.
Best,
Ram

Thanks Ram,

I am using free salesforce.com account.

I downloaded the dataloader. when I click insert tab, it prompts me with salesforce login.

when I use my salesforce.com password it pops a msg that my username or password is incorrect.

Please help.

Does free account support dataloader?

ForcepowerForcepower
You need to add the security token to the end of the password. You should have received the token via email. If not, you can go into My Personal Information | Reset My Security Token and get a new token. Make sure you save it. Enter this token after your password in the password area for Data Loader.
Ram
This was selected as the best answer

I got it Ram,

Thanks a lot for the help.