function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shaun123Shaun123 

Aggregate relationships??? unsure which apex methods and structure access to use

Hi all

I'm new to SF using apex code.

What's the way to access/join objects and obtain the custom fields?

Contracts
|
Clients
|
Campaigns (Trying to access this object and custom field values from the Contracts object - top down approach)

Thanks

Shaun

Shaun123Shaun123

I need to access the Campaigns from the Contracts object instead :p

Quick Test to show that this compiles, but it's under the Adwords Client Object works:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Adwords Campaign Performace Report" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Adwords_Client__c">
<messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
</messaging:plainTextEmailBody>
<messaging:attachment renderAs="PDF" filename="Adwords Campaign Performace Report.pdf">
<html>
<body>
<apex:repeat var="item" value="{!relatedTo.Adwords_Campaigns__r}">
</apex:repeat>
</body>
</html>
</messaging:attachment>
</messaging:emailTemplate>

works:

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Adwords Campaign Performace Report" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Adwords_Contract__c">
<messaging:attachment renderAs="PDF" filename="Adwords Campaign Performace Report.pdf">
<html>
<body>
<apex:repeat var="item" value="{!relatedTo.Adwords_Client__r}">
</body>
</html>

doesn't work:

"Error: Aggregate Relationship is used in an unsupported complex expression containing 'Adwords_Client__r.adwords_campaigns__r'"

<messaging:emailTemplate subject="Adwords Campaign Performace Report" recipientType="Contact" relatedToType="Adwords_Contract__c">
<html>
<body>
<apex:repeat var="item" value="{!relatedTo.Adwords_Client__r.Adwords_Campaigns__r}">
</body>
</html>

Shaun123Shaun123

I'm guessing I have to create a new field "Adwords_Campaigns__c" Lookup(Adwords Campaigns) under the Adword Client Object and use the

"Adwords_Campaigns__c"?

<html>
<body>
<apex:repeat var="item" value="{!relatedTo.Adwords_Client__r.Adwords_Campaigns__c}">
</body>
</html>

Shaun123Shaun123

No worries look like I need to use a combination of controllers, components and visualforcetemplate apex code

KruthiiiKruthiii
Hi,

I have the same issue in visual force email template. Please let me know if you were able to resolve it.
I am trying to access the custom object from Account
Opportunity-> Account-> Custom Object
<messaging:attachment filename="{!relatedTo.Account.name} {!relatedTo.name}- UpdateSummary.csv" >
       <apex:repeat var="cx" value="{!relatedTo.Account.CustomObject__r}" >
I am getting an error as,
Aggregate Relationship is used in an unsupported complex expression containing 'Account.CustomObject__r'
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks