function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VbourbeauVbourbeau 

Force IDE Saving took 10 min

Hi,

I'm new in Force IDE and I don't understand ... If I want to compile my code I need to save it right? But when I do that it took 10 min... It's to very long. Do I make it correctly?

thank

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
If you're deploying directly to a production system, it is not unheard of to take 5-15 minutes to save a file to the database. This is because the system will validate that this code does not break existing integrations. It does so by performing a test of all code in the system. It is imperative, therefore, that you test your code in a Sandbox before trying to save your code to production (it should be a complete unit of code, not incremental half-steps).

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
If you're deploying directly to a production system, it is not unheard of to take 5-15 minutes to save a file to the database. This is because the system will validate that this code does not break existing integrations. It does so by performing a test of all code in the system. It is imperative, therefore, that you test your code in a Sandbox before trying to save your code to production (it should be a complete unit of code, not incremental half-steps).
This was selected as the best answer
VbourbeauVbourbeau

Yes I do it directly in the production... It's not bestpractice I know but we only have a no copy sanbox with none data on it.

Ok thank you for the reply

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

As you new in Salesforce I am pretty sure you wre using simple free developer edition right ( please correct me if I am wrong here). Now I would like to tell that there is not deployment process you need to follow here because in free developer Edition sandbox is not provided.

you code was taking time just only because of some reasons like interent speed or any other momentry issue.