function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AnidevAnidev 

Lookup to multiple objects through single field

Hi All,

This is with respect to a lookup fields.

I want to create a functionality similar to "Related to" on "Tasks".I choose an object and the records in that object become available for selection/association.All through the same lookup field.

Any idea if it is possible, even a crude method would do.

Kindly advice.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Anidev

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
It is possible, but the amount of code involved is non-trivial. I would recommend starting with a component so that the code can be reused. Inside the component, it should be bindable to a plain text field, and the component itself would have to provide a list of objects you could choose from (like the related to dropdown), and then make a custom lookup window, or try to hack into the standard lookup window functionality.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox
It is possible, but the amount of code involved is non-trivial. I would recommend starting with a component so that the code can be reused. Inside the component, it should be bindable to a plain text field, and the component itself would have to provide a list of objects you could choose from (like the related to dropdown), and then make a custom lookup window, or try to hack into the standard lookup window functionality.
This was selected as the best answer
AnidevAnidev

Hi sfdcfox,

Sincerest apologies for such an extensively delayed reply.

Thank you very very much for this answer.

Really kind of you.

Regards,

Anidev