function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LavanyaLavanya 

Basics of Apex Programming

Hi All,

I am new to Salesforce Developer, I need the information about Apex Programming. Kindly any body please tell me where to start Apex Programming and also tell me any reference books. I need to learn Apex programming within a week so kindly guide me for this,

Regrads,

Lavanya.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Sujan Kumar ReddySujan Kumar Reddy
Hi Lavanya,

Download a copy of Apex language reference PDF from the below link and start looking into it. It is very useful for beginners.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/salesforce_apex_language_reference.pdf

Once you have done with this, you can test your understanding capabilities by downloading workbooks from developer.force.com and start implementing it.

Good Luck!!

All Answers

Sujan Kumar ReddySujan Kumar Reddy
Hi Lavanya,

Download a copy of Apex language reference PDF from the below link and start looking into it. It is very useful for beginners.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/salesforce_apex_language_reference.pdf

Once you have done with this, you can test your understanding capabilities by downloading workbooks from developer.force.com and start implementing it.

Good Luck!!
This was selected as the best answer
ashishkrashishkr

I would recommend the reverse process of what sujankumarreddy suggests.

Go through the workbook first to get quickly aware of all the terminologies and tools available to you as a developer. Then use the guide as a reference.

I say this because the guide can be very overwhelming for a newbie and take quite some time for you to read and get started with coding.

LavanyaLavanya

Hi All,

Thanks for the post. I am bit confused where to start, whether from developer guide or workbook. Also tell me what is basic knowledge I need to learn Apex. Within a week I need to study Apex Programming. Please kindly help me in this. Also send me the link about this. Waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Lavanya.