function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
michael_mcmahonmichael_mcmahon 

Best Practices: Product2, Pricebook2, PricebookEntry Objects for Public Guest Display on Sites

I want to publish a read-only table showing products and standard prices for display to Guests on a Force.com site, without authentication.  I'm spinning myself in circles trying to figure out whether i need to use a dummy class or which of the three objects, Product2, Pricebook2 or PricebookEntry that I should use to display standard prices in a read-only menu.  

After reviewing the read-only table, the user could choose to register / authenticate and to add Products (or PricebookEntries?) to a new or existing Opportunity, but it's important that users can view products and standard prices WITHOUT authentication, window-shopping as it were.

Does it matter which of the three objects (Pricebook2, Product2, PricebookEntry) is used to create the read-only table, taking into consideration that the next step for the user would be to login and therefore be shown any custom Pricebooks after log-in?  (Not sure that it matters, but adding it just in case).

Not asking for code, just to be pointed in the right direction.  (Code questions will come later this afternoon....)