function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amanda Byrne- Carolina Tiger RescueAmanda Byrne- Carolina Tiger Rescue 

how do I upload a trigger tgr file?

I did some work in a sandbox before I activated it, and when I did go to activate it- received a warning that I would lose anything that was already in it.

So I went into the sandbox and used the download option to download the triggers I had created.  But now I can't figure out how to upload them back!

They are saved as .tgr and .cls files

Thanks, Amanda

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
kirkevonphillykirkevonphilly

Can you open your .tgr and .cls files in Notepad?  If so, the most straight-forward way would be for you could recreate the triggers and classes after the refresh and copying/pasting the content from Notepad into your browswer.

All Answers

kirkevonphillykirkevonphilly

Can you open your .tgr and .cls files in Notepad?  If so, the most straight-forward way would be for you could recreate the triggers and classes after the refresh and copying/pasting the content from Notepad into your browswer.

This was selected as the best answer
Amanda Byrne- Carolina Tiger RescueAmanda Byrne- Carolina Tiger Rescue

Well, I guess the answers can be pretty simple (should have given the coffee a chance to work, I guess). 

They do appear to open in Notepad, although it tosses in some odd characters. Wordpad looks cleaner for copy/paste/   Some of the code from a 3rd party trigger that I modified looks to be missing. 

All the same, it does seem a little odd to have a download feature without an upload.

thanks so much, Amanda

Sean TanSean Tan

You can also use Eclipse with the Force.com IDE to handle this. You need to do a little xml manipulation (to make the packge), but it lets you deploy it in bulk.