function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kirill_YunussovKirill_Yunussov 

Cannot save a class via UI or IDE - time outs, org lock

Need to save a class that is 1500 lines long.  This class used to be 1800 lines long, and was saving fine before.  

When I try to save it in SF UI, it times out with the following error: 

Time Limit exceeded.

When I try to save it via Force.com IDE in MyEclipse, it created a deployment into Sandbox (visible in UI under Setup > Deploy > Monitor Deployments), and sits there with an "In Progress" status for 40 minutes.  After 40 minutes it goes into "Completed with Errors" status.

While it's saving the class in IDE, the whole org gets locked, and nobody is able to edit/save any classes during that time.  The error they get at that time is:

Organization Administration Locked

The changes you requested require salesforce.com to temporarily lock your organization's administration setup. However, the administration setup has already been locked by another change. Please wait for the previous action to finish, then try again later. 

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

This sounds a little like you are saving the class directly to production.  While this is theoretically not allowed, it does seem to be possible in some orgs.  It does cause all unit tests to run though, which could take a long time and would lock the org.  That said, I wouldn't expect you to be able to edit on production via the UI.

Kirill_YunussovKirill_Yunussov

It's definitely in Sandbox.   I opened a case with Salesforce, and sent them the code I need to save.   Let them take a crack at it.