function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
HayaHaya 

How do I find and clone salesforce page

Is there a way to find and clone salesforce page?

I need to re-create a "create new case" page for a customer portal.

I need to customize the page and drop a few of the fields being asked.

How do I find the code behind the salesforce page so I can use it to create a visualforce page?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

You can't get at the code behind the standard pages - they don't use Visualforce.

Its not that hard to create from scratch - to get a standard page look use apex:pageblock/apex:pageblocksection to generate the sections, and apex:inputField to capture the information from the user.

If you use the case standard controller, you won't have to write any code either.

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

That said, if you just want to remove fields, you could create a page layout specific to the portal user profile and remove the fields that you don't want there.  Obviously that affects the create/edit/view pages, so may not be suitable for your requirements.

HayaHaya

Thanks Bob.

Where do I find the case standard controller? I don't see it in the Apex Classes section.

Can I use the case standard controller with a new  page layout with fields removed?

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The standard controllers are classes provided by the platform - you can't access the code for these, you just use them in the page.

Check out the links on this page for more information on standard controllers:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/pages/Content/pages_controller_std.htm

Page layouts and visualforce are distinct technologies - if you go the Visualforce route you have to leave the page layouts behind and take care of the UI yourself.