function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ElectronElectron 

Popup window by using APEX, advanced question

I searched one related topic

http://boards.developerforce.com/t5/Apex-Code-Development/How-to-create-a-popup-window-using-Apex-code/td-p/197272

After read it, it seems no possible to achieve it in my scenario, that topic is from 3 years ago, does Salesforce update some functions?

Below is what I want:

• A popup window comes out after Contact owner is changed.
  • Works on default page layout(without visualforce page)
  • Check the contact’s record type

Question:

1. Could I write the response.write into a trigger, then it execute the pieces of JavaScript code
  2. If I use it in Visualforce, is there possible to check the record type.

I feel it’s so hard to achieve, will someone tell me it’s impossible T_T?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The killer here is working on default page layouts without visualforce.  You don't have any reliable way to get in the way of the standard processing.  You might be able to code something up in javascript and add this as a sidebar component.  It would be fragile though, as you'd be relying on (1) Salesforce not closing the javascript from the sidebar loophole (2) scraping information from the page based on HTML element names.

All Answers

bob_buzzardbob_buzzard

The killer here is working on default page layouts without visualforce.  You don't have any reliable way to get in the way of the standard processing.  You might be able to code something up in javascript and add this as a sidebar component.  It would be fragile though, as you'd be relying on (1) Salesforce not closing the javascript from the sidebar loophole (2) scraping information from the page based on HTML element names.

This was selected as the best answer
ElectronElectron

Thank you bob, I think I should post an idea in IdeaHome.