function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
souvik9086souvik9086 

Lead Migration Error

Hi All,

We are migrating huge amount of data from one Salesforce org to another through dataloader. We faced some problem while migrating lead data. Some records of lead failed to migrate and it errored out like for e.g

"Converted Date(Mon Oct 19 00:00:00 GMT 2010) before Create Date(Tue Oct 19 10:54:57 GMT 2010).: Converted Date"

Didn't able to find out the reason of this. Just wondering how can this error come.

If anyone has any answer to this, kindly help us to this.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
souvik9086souvik9086

CreatedDate - Datetime
ConvertedDate - Date
So when createddate and converted date are same, it is erroring out because of the time difference as
"Converted Date(Mon Oct 19 00:00:00 GMT 2010) before Create Date(Tue Oct 19
10:54:57 GMT 2010).: Converted Date"

This is because of the reason that ConvertedDate is Date type field and by default it is
taling as Mon Oct 19 00:00:00. So it is becoming less than original createddate. So it is
errored out. I tried to fix it by making created date as Tue Oct 19 00:00:00 instead of
Tue Oct 19 10:54:57 and it worked fine. 

Thanks very much for your quick responses.

All Answers

Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma
The most possible reason for this is, when you are migrating data Created Date is being stamped as NOW. but if you have Converted date in the same sheet definitely it will be lesser than created date.
possible solution is to ask salesforce to enable audit trail for created date and upload the leads with original created date.
souvik9086souvik9086

Hi thanks for your reply.

We have already enabled that from Salesforce.com and the Audit fields are inserting correctly as per old org i.e not the current date/time. It is showing the original date/time of creation.

And your original file has correct data ? Is that correct?
souvik9086souvik9086

Yes that is showing correct.

souvik9086souvik9086

CreatedDate - Datetime
ConvertedDate - Date
So when createddate and converted date are same, it is erroring out because of the time difference as
"Converted Date(Mon Oct 19 00:00:00 GMT 2010) before Create Date(Tue Oct 19
10:54:57 GMT 2010).: Converted Date"

This is because of the reason that ConvertedDate is Date type field and by default it is
taling as Mon Oct 19 00:00:00. So it is becoming less than original createddate. So it is
errored out. I tried to fix it by making created date as Tue Oct 19 00:00:00 instead of
Tue Oct 19 10:54:57 and it worked fine. 

Thanks very much for your quick responses.

This was selected as the best answer
I am 99% sure that issue is with your time zone setting.Change your GMT settings to something like GMT-11 or so and try then.
Ohh yes
You are 100% right.
souvik9086souvik9086

Again thanks.

Yes I thought that same. but I founded out that both production organisation has same timezone settings. The error was because of the Date and Datetime issue. Please check the previous post of me. It is now working fine.

souvik9086souvik9086