function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sudhir_MeruSudhir_Meru 

Problem in deploying Trigger from sand box to Production

Hi, 

I recented worte a trigger and tested the trigger which is 100% code coverage. When i am tring to deploy this trriger from sandbox to production it is not getting deployed. I do a outbound from sandbox to production. 

When i check in inbound in production. I dnt see the trigger to deploy. Please suggest me how to deploy trigger in production

Thanks

Sudhir

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Sudhir_MeruSudhir_Meru

Hi, 

I was able to deploy to production sucessfully using eclips. Thanks for your Suggestion 

Thanks
Sudhir

All Answers

Mayank_JoshiMayank_Joshi
Sometimes, it may take some extra time . Or if you want to do this quickly then you can deploy it via Eclipse Plugin (force.com) .
Sudhir_MeruSudhir_Meru

its more than few hours i deployed. I am still not able to see in Produciton. Also I tried in Force IDE its throwing code coverage error. I tested it has 100% in fullcopy. Please suggest me

Thanks

Sudhir

crop1645crop1645
  1. Does your PROD user have 'Deploy Changes' privileges?
  2. Is there a correct deployment connection between Sandbox and Prod?
Mayank_JoshiMayank_Joshi
can you share your Trigger error while doing deployment using eclipse (if it is still not there) ?
Sudhir_MeruSudhir_Meru

I have been given with admin privilage, How to check deploy privilage is given to user. I use to deploy few days back now its not happening how to trouble shoot please suggest me

Thanks
Sudhir

Mayank Joshi.ax1562Mayank Joshi.ax1562
RAT (Run all test) in Production . And check ,if there is any RAT results difference in Prod and in your Full copy sandbox .

It might be the reason , at the time of Validating your Trigger RAT result is lowering the current Coverage of Prod below to 75% .

Also ,if you could send the error you are getting in Eclipse deployment then I can suggest something concrete (if possible).
Sudhir_MeruSudhir_Meru

Hi,

I did a test on apex class in production it shows 78% and in sandbox it is 48% code coverage. I have installed force IDE. I am installing Eclips to find the error. 

code coverage in sandbox is less for which i am not able to deploy.

Thanks
Sudhir

Mayank_JoshiMayank_Joshi
So , that means issue is now identified . You Test Coverage should be more than 75 % atleast for succesfull deployment to Prod .

Irrespective of your trigger's 100 % ,it wont allow you to deploy if test coverage in sandbox is below 75 % .

I hope ,Now you can close this discussion . :)
Sudhir_MeruSudhir_Meru

Hi, 

I was able to deploy to production sucessfully using eclips. Thanks for your Suggestion 

Thanks
Sudhir

This was selected as the best answer
Mayank Joshi.ax1562Mayank Joshi.ax1562
Cheers ..:)