function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LisaSturzLisaSturz 

Newbie question

OK...I have my classes and trigger working in my sandbox; how do I get them created in my prod org? I do not have an Add button in Prod like I did in the sandbox.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ryanjuptonryanjupton

That's because you can't write Apex code directly in a production environment. You have to write a test class that covers at least 75% of the code you're trying to deploy before you can push any Apex code to a production instance. As far as moving from a sandbox or developer environment, you have a few choices including:

1. Ant based Salesforce migration utility
  2. Eclipse IDE plugin
  3. Change sets

For more detail refer to the Apex documentation here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_deploying.htm

All Answers

levaleva

I guessing you are in UI. If you are the only option is change set or manual copy paste. If you have eclipse you could use it to deploy

ryanjuptonryanjupton

That's because you can't write Apex code directly in a production environment. You have to write a test class that covers at least 75% of the code you're trying to deploy before you can push any Apex code to a production instance. As far as moving from a sandbox or developer environment, you have a few choices including:

1. Ant based Salesforce migration utility
  2. Eclipse IDE plugin
  3. Change sets

For more detail refer to the Apex documentation here: http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/apexcode/Content/apex_deploying.htm

This was selected as the best answer
LisaSturzLisaSturz

Yes, I am in the SFDC UI. I would be happy to manually copy/paste it to production; however I don't see any way to do that. I don't have a "New" button in the Apex Classes area in production that I had in the sandbox. How would you go about copying/pasting it to prod?

LisaSturzLisaSturz

Thank you! I will give that a try.