function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
noobfnnoobfn 

apex cpu time limit exceeded

System.DmlException: Update failed. First exception on row 0 with id 006e00000049qyNAAQ; first error: CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY, GlobalOpportunitySoldOrMissed: execution of AfterUpdate

caused by: System.LimitException: Apex CPU time limit exceeded

What does this error message mean?  

Thank you!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Steve (London)Steve (London)

I'd hazard a guess and say that its the new Winter 14 apex limit, the one which is supposed to replace the script statement limit.

We are seeing these in some of our orgs currently with out Test Classes. Trying to get some more insight from Premier Support as I was really hoping the timeouts had been set high.

All Answers

Steve (London)Steve (London)

I'd hazard a guess and say that its the new Winter 14 apex limit, the one which is supposed to replace the script statement limit.

We are seeing these in some of our orgs currently with out Test Classes. Trying to get some more insight from Premier Support as I was really hoping the timeouts had been set high.

This was selected as the best answer
noobfnnoobfn

ok. I see.  That makes sense.  Thank you!

Niket SFNiket SF

Thank you In the morning I faced same issue.

Thank you

Niks

Dev2IndiaDev2India

Any update or workaround available for this limit....

bryan.revelant1.37773959363043bryan.revelant1.37773959363043

Makes senseI am getting the same.

Rocks_SFDCRocks_SFDC

Was this error solved??

I facing the same issue.

Thanks,

Anil

Starz26Starz26

And they said no existing code would hit the limit..

Maybe a degredation of a server. My understnanding is that the CPU time is greater than any script limit would have hit. So if you were not hitting script limits before you should not be hitting CPU time. Maybe they did not take into account latency due to multi-tenant....

vijaymindvijaymind

I have read many comments on this issue. I have a simple question .

They just changed the error message or functionality with internal resources. If so then we should be able to execute over 200000 statement without any error but  except CPU limit.

There is no meaning of this winter 14 change if our script statment reach over 200000 and CPU time limit execeed.

It is just like that they just changed the Error Message.

Thanks

Vijay

Kathir DevanKathir Devan

Hi friends,

Am also facing same problem last 5 days working for this issue, but i did not get result.how can i resolve this one.please can anyone help me.I need to find out the solution.please suggest me.thanks in advance..

Regards,

kathir