function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
David_HDavid_H 

(Lead Conversion) Need custom object information updated on contact and account

Hello - Could someone please assist with a APEX code solution. I am not too familiar with APEX codes and have an issue where when we convert a lead to a contact and account, the custom object "Marketing Activities" information that is related to the lead, does not carry over to the contact record and account record. Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Thanks,

Dave

IspitaIspita

Hi Dave,

"Marketing Activities" is a custom object related to Lead?

Generally for any custom field of Lead one can map them to related Account/ contact or Opportunity.

Let me ask this do you have a trigger on Lead Object?

Do let me know!

Thanks and regards,

David_HDavid_H

Hi -

Thank you for your response. Yes, "Marketing Activites" is a custom object related list of the lead, contact and account. The problem is during lead conversion to a contact and account the "Marketing Activites" on the lead are lost during the conversion and not carried over to the contact and account objects.

During Lead conversion to a contact and an account we want the "Marketing Activities" to come over to the contact and account records.

No there are no triggers set up on the lead object.

Thank you,

Dave

David_HDavid_H

Hi -  Correction : Actually the Marketing Activities custom object is related to only leads an contacts. Not Opportunities and accounts as previously stated.

Thanks

Dave