function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
snippets@sfsnippets@sf 

Dynamic Visual force Components

I am Trying to Create Page Number Navigation for a Standard set controller.

Client  Needs buttons with page Number like 

[First Page1] ... [5] - [6] - [7] - [8] - [9] - [10] ... [60-Last Page]

As Know we can have Nav Buttons like 

First -  Next - Previous - Last  given as a standard.

Now out of the box 

for Offset i have tried to get this form this link 

http://demo.redpointsolutions.com/Dynamic_Visualforce_with_SOQL_Offset

But when i did the same For standard set controller. i was unable to get it on load all the buttons. but when i hit next button and rerender the pannel i am able to get the Expected functionality as stated above.

Observations

Dynamic Components cannot be serialized. either they need to be transient to the view state.

My Dynamic component is loaded before the set con is constructed. such that to total number of pages is Zero on load.

now when i hit next button of SScont now as the total number of pages is available to the my component it displays the message.

What should i do to get it on load its sef please help if any one has come across the same issue.

Thanks 

Pravin

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Peter_sfdcPeter_sfdc

I would have to fiddle with this because I've never attempted it, but have you tried issuing a reRender from an action function that is invoked on the client side on page load? 

There might still be a delay on actually seeing your control, but you wouldn't (if it worked) have to rely on the user to initiate the action for the page number control to appear. 

All Answers

Peter_sfdcPeter_sfdc

I would have to fiddle with this because I've never attempted it, but have you tried issuing a reRender from an action function that is invoked on the client side on page load? 

There might still be a delay on actually seeing your control, but you wouldn't (if it worked) have to rely on the user to initiate the action for the page number control to appear. 

This was selected as the best answer
snippets@sfsnippets@sf
Thanks Peter Chittum. for your time.
I have not invoked any action for now... i would try to get to this approach.

snippets@sfsnippets@sf
It worked like a charm. Thanks a ton.

But its got a bug as now any action where the SSC Results are updated, we have to rerender the buttons again.

which includes two server calls, which is expensive
:-(

If any one has got a solution please share