function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mng0827mng0827 

Clone Notes and Attachments Related List

Hi,

Can someone share to me a code that I can use to create a custom Notes and Attachments related list? I actually just need to remove the Action column so that users cannot edit or delete a note.

Thanks

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

The following points apply to Notes and attachments:

• You cannot edit a note or attachment unless you also have access to edit the record associated with it.
  • To delete a note or attachment, you must be the owner of the note or attachment or an administrator with the “Modify all Data” permission. Note ownership is determined by the owner field. Attachment ownership is determined by the created by field.
  • Notes and attachments marked as private via the Private checkbox are accessible only to the person who attached them and administrators. For administrators to view private notes and attachments, they need the “View All Data” permission; to edit or delete them, they need the “Modify All Data” permission.

If you set your ORG sharing model such that user has only read access to others records - it will automatically restrict their access to Notes and attachments to Read Only.

Wondering if the above can meet your requirement without any code required.

mng0827mng0827

Thanks Sonam. All users need edit permission on the Account. I would just like to prevent them from editing and deleting notes and attachments.

Sonam_SFDCSonam_SFDC

Hi,

In this case you will have to create a visualforce page for Account detail page and then have a custom notes and attachments related list

This post talks more about it.