function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
R_ShriR_Shri 

Notes:// URL in custom button

Hi,

I have an issue which is given below. Please help me regarding it.

Scenario: URL to be given in a custom button is in the format "notes://server/db/view/document?Command&params=values"

Error in the browser after clicking the button: The address wasn't understood, because the protocol (notes) isn't associated with any program.

Please let me know if anybody has any appropriate solution related to it? Is there any method available wherein I can redirect the URL to Notes:// (Used in IBM lotus Notes) protocol.

Thanks in advance!

:)

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
R_ShriR_Shri

Thanks everyone The Error is solved. :)

Problem was with Lotus Notes' settings.

With Notes:// protocol in the link and with appropriate settings of Lotus Notes one can open the link in Notes client.

I used windows.open('Notes://..................................') ; and behavior as Execute JavaScript.

Thanks KamatchiDeviR, your solution is also too good.

All Answers

Kamatchi Devi SargunanathanKamatchi Devi Sargunanathan

Hi R_Shri,

URL for the custom button should be mentioned as follows,

Format,

http://<organization domain url>/<objectcode>/<edit or detail mode>?<id or valeus to be passed>

Eg,

http://ap1.salesforce.com/500/e?retURL=/{!case.Id}

Hope this will help you...!

Please mark this answer a Solution and please give kudos by clicking on the star icon, if you found this answer as helpful.

R_ShriR_Shri

Hi Kamatchi Devi R,

Thanks for your response.

The format provided by you is having http:// protocol while I want to redirect to Notes:// protocol.

(On clicking the custom button, the URL should be opened in IBM Lotus Notes)

Please let me know if I am wrong in deciphering the format.

Others: Please let me know if there is any other functionality as well.

Thanks

R_Shri

Kamatchi Devi SargunanathanKamatchi Devi Sargunanathan

Hi R_Shri,

That's not the problem at all. You can add your protocol for what you are following.

You should follow the format thats all,

<organization domain url>/<objectcode>/<edit or detail mode>?<id or valeus to be passed>

R_ShriR_Shri

Problem for Opening Notes:// URL in IBM Lotus Notes Client via Custom button on a Standard Layout of a Custom Object is still not solvedPlease reply soon if anybody has any solution related to it.

R_ShriR_Shri

Thanks everyone The Error is solved. :)

Problem was with Lotus Notes' settings.

With Notes:// protocol in the link and with appropriate settings of Lotus Notes one can open the link in Notes client.

I used windows.open('Notes://..................................') ; and behavior as Execute JavaScript.

Thanks KamatchiDeviR, your solution is also too good.

This was selected as the best answer