function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anto HotelbedsAnto Hotelbeds 

Case description in HTML when sending apex email

Hi,

I have a surely easy requirement but I cant manage to get it. I have my case, and I need to send an email (though Apex) with the case description (between other fields). I have my case description with line breaks as follows:

"Hello hello hello

And two two two

Three
Three"

I send the email with the following code:

String HTMLDesc=case2.Description.escapeHtml3();
mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
mail.setSubject('YYYYYou have been involved in the XML Case #'+Case2.CaseNumber);
mail.setHtmlBody('<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><table><tr><td>You are receiving this e-mail because you have been added to the referenced XML Support case. If you wish to post a comment to the case, please respond to the unique email address provided for this case without modifying the subject. </td></tr></table><br><table style="width:100%;border-collapse: collapse;"><tr><td style="padding:5px 0;width:140px;border-bottom:1px solid #aaa;">Case Description:</td><td style="padding:5px 0;width:560px;border-bottom:1px solid #aaa;">'+HTMLDesc+'</td></tr><br><br>Regards, <br>'+UserInfo.getName()+'<br>Clients Integration Support <br>Hotelbeds<br><br></html>');
Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });

But I am getting the case description in plain text as follows:

"Hello hello hello And two two two Three Three"

Thanks a lot!

Antonio

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 

I solved the problem using:

HTMLDesc=case2.Description.replaceAll('\n', '<br/>');

Thanks a lot for your help!

Antonio

All Answers

Kamatchi Devi SargunanathanKamatchi Devi Sargunanathan

Hi Antonio,

I tried this using trigger with samll changes and its working fine for me.

Try the following,

trigger SendEmailForCase on Case(after insert, after update) {

for (Case e : Trigger.new){
        user u = [Select id,Name,profile.id,Email From user Where id=:e.ownerId];    
        Messaging.SingleEmailMessage mail = new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage();

String emailAddr = u.Email;       
        String HTMLDesc = e.Description;        

String[] toAddresses = new String[] {emailAddr};
        mail.setToAddresses(toAddresses);
        mail.setSubject('YYYYYou have been involved in the XML Case #'+e.CaseNumber);

//This should be in a single line without linebreaking     

mail.setHtmlBody('<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><table><tr><td>You are receiving this e-mail because you have been added to the referenced XML Support case. If you wish to post a comment to the case, please respond to the unique email address provided for this case without modifying the subject. </td></tr></table><br><table style="width:100%;border-collapse: collapse;"><tr><td style="padding:5px 0;width:140px;border-bottom:1px solid #aaa;">Case Description:</td><td style="padding:5px 0;width:560px;border-bottom:1px solid #aaa;">'+HTMLDesc+'</td></tr><br><br>Regards, <br>'+UserInfo.getName()+'<br>Clients Integration Support <br>Hotelbeds<br><br></html>');

Messaging.sendEmail(new Messaging.SingleEmailMessage[] { mail });       
    }
  }

Hope this will help you...!

I solved the problem using:

HTMLDesc=case2.Description.replaceAll('\n', '<br/>');

Thanks a lot for your help!

Antonio

This was selected as the best answer